Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

man shaped cookies

I really wish my high school offered home economics class. 
I'm fairly awesome at burning things
blackened chicken
blackened grouper
blackened cookies
blackened lasagna
you got it
I'm working on it, I really am

I tried to make some non-blackened gingerbread men tonight
I got a little too excited about decorating them.
  I made a gingerbread version of me and my husband and took our picture along with our similarly sized jolly pal, Santa.
Ho ho ho. Please don't eat us Santa :)

I will admit while the gingerbread men came out pretty snazzy looking
they were a pain in my patushka to roll out and get on the cookies sheet with all of their limbs still attached


So I did the efficient/lazy thing and just scooped them instead :)

They look so pretty!
I was so  excited to taste one


yay not burnt cookies!




 ......but then I ate one




 the best way I can describe how they taste is with this face


cardboard cookies 2011

5 comments:

lowercase letters said...

bahahahaha! i love cookies and i burn stuff all the time. especially when i'm baking caramel popcorn, my fav. i burn it. :(
yay for all your new follower buddies!!
xx-memory
southernpinky.blogspot.com

lowercase letters said...

super, duper heart-felt P.S.

kaitlin. you just don't know how much your comment today made me feel. encouraged doesn't describe it. thank you so much for your kind words. i am honored that we are blog friends and thank you for your encouragment in my writing. YOU inspire ME by your loving words. thank you SO much.<3

Purposely at Home said...

haha! you're too funny! the cookies look delish! sorry they didn't turn out as well as you would have liked. :/ that's always a bummer...

purposelyathome.blogspot.com

wildchild said...

umm, i think i've found the only other person in the world who says "pain in my patushka" besides my boyfriend and i. perfect.

Laurie said...

sorry that your cookies didn't turn out tasting great, but they sure were cute!

ps: i love your monogrammed cutting boards!

laurie
www.love-laurie.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...