Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

film photography

One of my greatest loves is film photography
Don't get me wrong, digital is on its own awesome level, but to me film and digital are still worlds apart.

I guess I can be compared to one of those people who will never quite get over the feeling of an e-reader as compared to the feel of the worn pages of a good old fashioned book nestled in my hands as I read on the couch.

In the same way, I love the feeling and look of a developed photo, not a printed one, or one on a computer screen - its just not the same.

Another one of my favorite things about our old family film photos is when I am looking through bins and bins of old photos that are shadowy and over exposed, magically I will come across one that is absolutely magnificent - as if everything came together right at that instant to make a perfect picture.

Whoever took the photo probably had little idea of just how amazing it would look to my eyes twenty years down the road.

Here are a few of my favorite family film photos, digitized for your blog viewing pleasure.

7 comments:

Kaycie- Redhead Memories said...

These are so lovely! I especially love the first one. I'm impressed that you captured it so beautifully!

Dawn said...

Just lovely. What a great capture of your cannon ball! That is what we used to call it anyway. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

memory said...

that first one rocks my world. it reminds me of when i was little and my daddy would throw me up like that when we were swimming. <3

your comments always give me a smile, kaitlin, and monday's was no different! i'm so glad i have your approval on my outfit. i try my hardest to be modest in dress, thanks for your encouragement in that. (: yeah buddy, that brown skirt is a great winter skirt! so warm. haha...ka-chow!

Niina - It seems pretty obvious. said...

I agree with you, these are amazing :) beautiful!

Liv Lundelius said...

beautiful photographs!

McKenzie King said...

these are lovely and so perfect in every way.

MCRH said...

Oh my goodness-- I had no idea these photos of me where on the the Internet! Guess I just found a new blog to follow :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...