Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

gifs? did you mean gifts?

Taking the Christmas tree down and packing all of the decorations up is always bittersweet for me. I am glad to tidy up the house, but sad to bring all of the excitement of the Christmas season to an end. 

I wanted to try to leave the tree up until the feast of the Epiphany this Friday (aka the 12th day of Chirstmas, you know that part with the partridge and the pear tree?), but my tree was already brown and crispy. Sorry mr. tree. I should have been more diligent about watering you.

Anyways I was having a little bit of fun putting things away and I made my first .gif with my nativity scene to celebrate the Epiphany. If you aren't familiar with the feast of the Epiphany, it celebrates the gift of the magi (3 wise men, or 3 kings) to little baby Jesus. You know, gold, frankincense, and myrhh?

its not the greatest .gif, but I still like it :)
Nativity gif

5 comments:

Purposely at Home said...

too neat!! happy 2012 to you and your family.

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Purposely at Home said...

thanks for the comment lovin' you just left me...such special and encouraging words. :)i hope you have a blessed week!

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

memory said...

that is so awesome how you did that picture! i wish i knew how to do that (:

p.s. you guessed right...that is my pops (aka dad) giving me some bunny ears, silly guy (: thank you for your constant encouragement, kaitlin!

mistergandme said...

i love your .gif! it's simple and sweet :)

thanks for stopping by and saying hi on my blog. im following you!

happy new year!

xo,
ashley

the {Postscript} blog said...

Not a fan of taking down christmas either haha, will probably do so after I get home... the 13th of january ha! Love your .gif!
-Monica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...