Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Inspiration for your Tuesday

How are your 2012 resolutions coming everyone?
 Isn't it exhilarating to know you can always make a new ending to your story by the choices you make today.
Fancy how that works, isn't it?

For 2012 I am focused to staying motivated, seeing the big picture and by golly
DOING SOMETHING!

I think one of the biggest things I have come to realize over the past couple of crazy years and months is that as Americans we are some of the wealthiest/most educated/privileged people in the WHOLE WORLD. I say this not to be braggy in any way, but to point out that we have been given so very much. I am a firm believer in the saying that 'To whom much is given, much is expected'.

So what?
I know I can't save the planet, or solve global crisis on my lunch break.

But what can I do? What can you do?

Answer: Use that awesome glob of matter in your head known as your brain and make active and positive decisions EVERY DAY.

make someone smile
encourage others
spread God's love
take care of your body, its an amazing gift
learn a new skill
dream something and achieve it
motivate others
get off your patushka and enjoy the great outdoors
make a sacrifice of time/money for someone else
find something you are passionate about and pursue the heck out of it
don't let things happen to you, MAKE THINGS HAPPEN



I love finding people that motivate me and inspire me with what they have been through, where they have come, and everything they have achieved. Here are a few grand folks who inspire my core, and get me jumping out of bed in the morning with the thought of how awesome it would be to do something like them.


Arcade Fire: Musicians (some of my fave) who were asked to license their song in a super bowl ad and donated ALL of it to Partners in Health, which brings medical aid to impoverished countries. They have donated millions (yes millions) to rebuilding Haiti and creating a sustainable opportunities for Haitians. 

Karol Wojtyla: Was born in Poland and lost both of his parents, and all of his siblings by the time he was 20.  He was removed from university because of the start of WWII and was forced to study in seminary in secret. He went on to become Blessed Pope John Paul II. 

Blake Mycoskie: The founder of TOMS shoes who helps children around the world avoid infection, and disease by offering them a simple pair of shoes. I have more pairs of shoes than I will ever need and I have taken that for granted everyday of my life.

so I encourage all of you to GO. GETUP. GET OUT. and DO SOMETHING
"Let no one ever com to you without leaving better and happier" - Mother Teresa

Who is someone that inspires you?
What is something that you are really passionate about?




2 comments:

J.Mill said...

One personal initiative that started for me in late 2011, but I hope to continue in 2012, is to get my company to sponsor a well through charity:water. Or at least start one myself if they say "no" and then keep the pressure on for them to contribute :)

charity:water fulfills all of the goals you set for yourself in 2012:

make someone smile - those who receive
encourage others - those who see you give
spread God's love - by caring about people you've never met and who may not know the love of Christ otherwise
take care of your body, its an amazing gift - water, hello!
learn a new skill - fundraising
dream something and achieve it - to raise $20k for a well
motivate others - to give
get off your patushka and enjoy the great outdoors - visit your well! (or, more realistically, host a bake sale or bikathon for fundraising)
find something you are passionate about and pursue the heck out of it - changing lives
don't let things happen to you, MAKE THINGS HAPPEN - start a well fund!

Do you have a charity you're passionate about?

memory said...

And now I officially feel like I need to kick myself off blogger for the day, ha! (: Great thoughts and inspiration, Kaitlin!

Thanks for your comment! I do have horses. Two of them, actually. (: {well one is Marli's} I wish you could come ride with me! Whenever you're in the area.... (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...