Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mini bathroom makeover

Renting instead of owning has its perks.

For one thing I get to sip on lemonade and watch as someone else mows my huge lawn. I also never have to worry about fixing anything when it breaks.

The downside is that I've got to work with what's already there when it comes to decorating - like the awesome 90s wicker mirror in my bathroom or the terrible paint job in almost every room.

Despite the limitations I am still trying to bring a little sunshine and my own pizazz when and where I can.

And on that note I give you the mini bathroom makeover of 2012!

BEFORE

BEFORE - my sink and awesome 90s wicker mirror (nope, can't change that guy sadly)


BEFORE - my plain jane shower curtain





AFTER (ta da!)

 
AFTER - coordinating striped dishes for the sink counter


AFTER - My snazzy new striped shower curtain from west elm

I am going to re-purpose the old white shower curtain (which is in marvelous shape) by giving it a good cleaning and then sewing it into curtains for another window.

4 comments:

memory said...

i love, i love. bathrooms don't have to be the ugliest rooms of the house, right? love yours. (:

you know what i like about you? when you comment, you talk like we have been friends for years. that's what i LOVE about you. so i just wanted you to know that. (: and you make me laugh every time! thank you for liking my new blog look. candace (kahandace.blogspot.com) designed it for me. didn't she do great?!

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Niina - It seems pretty obvious. said...

I really like stripes in bathrooms, I'm not sure why, but it's nice and clean (but still a bit colorful) :) a few small changes makes a big difference!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Very cool!! I love the stripes. It gives it a nice pop of color!

Dawn said...

Oh darling this reminds me of the beach...you picked such a cute shower curtain. Love the litte details. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo thank you for dropping by...so nice to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...