Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Awkward and awesome Thursday

I usually don't do this, but I always find them entertaining to read, and because I had a particularly awkward week I decided what the hee haw, why not!



 Awkward:
  • Walking into an amazingly adorable store you've always wanted to go into and gushing over all of the cute stuff only to look at the price tag and realize it's over half of your paycheck and  instantly having that gut reaction to revert to little kid mode where you aren't allowed to touch anything in the store, then getting really sad because the store was such a let down.
  • Listening coyly to the comedy station on Pandora while at work in my shared pod (oh yeah it's that awesome) only to hear a hill-a-rious joke and choke on the water I was drinking and have 8 people seriously concerned that I was choking to death and about to keel over in front of them.
No guys its cool,
I was just um...
I uh just got something...
um I mean something went down the wrong pipe, yeah....uh yeah, that's it. 
  • That amazingly awkward moment when you go out to lunch with a large group of people/co-workers who you may or may not know and you have to scramble to find a good seat (but not look like you are scrambling or being weird and speedwalking), hopefully by someone you know, only to end up smushed on the corner next to absolutely no one you intended to sit by. 
  • Trying to yell across the table to the people you do want to talk to
Hey guys! How is your day going?
What? I can't hear you?
I said, how is your day going?
What? I didn't think the wind was blowing at all today?
er, nevermind.
  • Having to try and talk to the people you ended up sitting next to for 2 hours 
So I see you ordered the soup.
Yeah, I like soup.
Yeah, me too, soup's ...so cool.
um, yeah.
(insert me hanging my head in awkward shame)

Awesome: 
  • Getting to go back to my hometown this weekend to see all of my family
  • Actually going to bed on time and not feeling like a zombie for the first 3 hours of the day (I highly recommend this idea people, I give it 4.5 stars out of 5)
  • Playing with my friend's Boston Terrier, Bella. Woof!
  • Getting to see one of my sisters-in-law this past weekend and frolicking on the beach with her and JR in the sand, attempting to dig up clams 
  • God continued to bless me with a happy/healthy/safe family!



6 comments:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

also awesome: the spelling of your name

:)

Nicole Jeannette said...

Haha I love this haha! Great idea!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Love these posts! I also love listening to the comedy radio station when I work out ;)...people always look at me strange when I start cracking up on the treadmill ha!

Enter here to win a beautiful k.slademade clutch!

memory said...

you are so brave. i've always wanted to do an awkward\awesome thursday post, but never have. also, i can totally relate to the awkward-loud conversations in a big room. just doesn't work. yikes!

kachow!

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Lol, these posts always make me laugh. I know EXACTLY about the speed-walking shuffle, def. awkward. I hate finding a cute store that is completely out of my budget. It makes me incredibly sad. That, and I have no idea how to act around the sales person :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Melina-Lajolie said...

hey lovely!
great post :)
would you maybe like to follow each other?
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...