Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Epic Adventures - Maine to Florida

Do you have that one friend that always likes to go out and do big crazy adventurous things?

You know the type I'm talking about, the one who likes to:
Skydive? 
Scuba Dive? 
Climb mountains?
Has absolutely no fear of the wilderness, or bugs? (bugs are for real scary guys)
Up for any epic adventure that comes there way?

Well, I married that person, and he is awesome.
But I am still deathly afraid of bugs......and skydiving, but that's another story.


Anyways, JR has dones it again!
He just booked his flight to Bangor, Maine for the end of April.
He is planning on riding his bike (yes bicycle) from Bangor, Maine, back to our front door in Tallahassee, FL.



If you aren't familiar with this type of adventuring it's known as bike touring. You carry everything you need with you on your bike, and you camp and find places to stay along the way. This trip will take JR just about a month to complete.

I have only done a mini bike tour that was only a weekend trip, but it is an amazing way to travel. Obviously you can't take your bike on the interstate, so you have to (or prefer to, shall I say) travel on small country highways through forgotten towns. You really get to see the small town charm, and all of the beauty of the back roads traveling this way.

Alas, I wish I could go, but I'm afraid, I can't get the time off of work. 
JR is actually planning on blogging through out the whole trip too!
I helped him set up his blog and make his first post this weekend. Check him out HERE!

JR is no stranger to bike touring, back in 2010 he and a friend traveled from the coast of Alabama all the way to Key West. I am really going to miss him when he's gone, but I know he'll have an amazing adventure! I will, and so will JR, keep you updated on the progress of his trip!


1 comment:

memory said...

Oh my, that's a loooong ways! Good for him! Sounds fun :)

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...