Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feeling Cheeky

Despite the fact that winter was practically non-existent in Tennessee this year, it's oh so warm already and I am just bursting with excitement for spring! Spring only means good things: bright colors, cute sandals, spring brews, patio days and summer break is on the way (well maybe not for me, but I hope for you)!

The Volunteer State is in full bloom and I took a sweet stroll around the Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art this weekend to check it out! This place is a nifty little gem over in the Belle Meade area of the always classy Nashvegas. It is actually the estate of the family that started Maxwell House Coffee and their old house (read: huge mansion) is actually an art museum these days.  The folks in the museum aren't too keen on you snapping shots of all their prized possessions, but here are some snaps of the great outdoors for your enjoyment!




 In case you're curious, the picture in the top left is the center (yes the center, I couldn't get the whole thing in the shot!) of the Cheekwood Mansion... can I get one of those? And on the bottom left is a remnant of a limestone column that was originally part of the Tennessee State Capital building, which the nerd in me just finds really cool. The original capital structure is actually still standing, but they had to replace the limestone columns some time ago due to the porous nature of the stone. I sure hope your spring is Good to the Last Drop! (Fun Fact: this slogan used by Maxwell House to describe their coffee is said to have been coined by President Teddy Roosevelt while at the house of President Andrew Jackson!)

2 comments:

Agnes of {anna+agnes} said...

yay giant mansions and history lessons!!!! i want to go to there!

Sarah said...

Looks so beautiful! I am hosting a giveaway on my blog, be sure to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...