Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Maclay Gardens

Happy feast day of St. Joseph the Worker! To celebrate, I will be working..... with dignity! hooray!

This weekend was spent not working (thank heavens) and I soaked up every minute I could before JR headed out for his month long bicycle trip [follow along here]. We had some family in town and we went to the amazing  Maclay Gardens. It was literally like being in a story book (except for the fact we got kind of sweaty, I don't ever recall any fairy tale characters getting sweaty).

Before this outing I had never given the word 'garden' much thought.I have never been to a real garden before, just people's yards I guess you could say, yards with mini farms. When I hear garden that's what I think of, a mini farm with tomatoes and flowers, or someone's yard that they diligently mow and keep the bushes from looking all crazy and unkempt.

The Maclay Garden was entirely different from my suburban view of a garden aka mini farm/yard. The garden was actually at one point in time someone's yard and then converted to a park in the 50s. I felt like I was on a movie set, or that I was going to see a gigantic castle pop out from around the corner, or that maybe birds and squirrels would suddenly start congregating around me and dancing if I started singing.

Sadly I did not see any dancing squirrels, but I did have a blackberry snow cone that turned my tongue purple, and an absolutely lovely time with JR and his family. If you are ever in Tallahassee, I highly recommend visiting Maclay Gardens!

xoxo Agnes











1 comment:

Sasha Fitzgerald said...

Beautiful photos! I love the flowers :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...